Tony R. Miller is a Co-Founder of Troppito + Miller, LLC, and is Currently a Named Member of Troppito Miller Griffin, LLC, Focusing His Missouri and Kansas Law Practice on:
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Defense
Legal Honors Received:
- Tony has been recognized as a “Super Lawyer” in Kansas and Missouri. To be recognized as a “Super Lawyer”, Tony was voted by his lawyer peers and then selected by Super Lawyers as one of the top 5% of all lawyers in Kansas and Missouri.
- Tony has been recognized by the “Kansas City Business Journal” in the “Best of the Bar” list.
Tony is an Ex-Prosecutor:
- In 2001, Tony served as an Assistant Prosecutor before the City of Kansas City, Missouri Municipal Court immediately after law school.
- In 2003 and 2004, Tony served as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in the Prosecutor’s Office of Jackson County, Missouri.
- In 2013, Tony was appointed by the Presiding Judge to serve as a Special Prosecuting Attorney in the Sixteenth Judicial Circuit of the State of Missouri (Jackson County, Missouri).
Additional Professional Experience:
- Tony was selected to be the law clerk to The Honorable Marco A. Roldan of the Sixteenth Judicial Circuit of the State of Missouri (Jackson County, Missouri).
- Tony practiced law with the Kansas City firm of Yonke & Pottenger, LLC where he focused in the legal areas of plaintiff’s personal injury, criminal defense, and claimant’s worker’s compensation.
- He graduated from the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law in 2001 with a Juris Doctorate.
- He graduated from Baker University in 1998 with a degree in Political Science.
- Educational Honors: He was on the Dean’s List, which means he maintained a 3.5 grade point average or higher in law school for each semester that he was recognized.
- Licensed to practice law in Missouri in 2001.
- Licensed to practice law in Kansas in 2002.
- Best of the Bar
- Super Lawyers
- Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (MACDL)
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys (MATA)
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA)
- Eastern Jackson County Bar Association
- UMKC Law Alumni Association (Past President / Member)
- Missouri Bar – YLS Council
Political Career and Professional Positions:
- Tony was elected to the Jackson County, Missouri Legislature (3rd District – At Large) in November of 2014 and has since been re-elected to a second four-year term beginning January 1, 2019.
- In 2015, Tony was appointed to serve as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Little Blue Valley Sewer District.
- He served from 2009 to 2013 as the representative from the legal profession on the Jackson County Drug Commission; spending the last two years as the Chairperson.
- In 2011, he was named to the Jackson County Prosecutor Advisory Committee to assist the County Executive in the selection of the Prosecuting Attorney due to a vacancy in the office.
- Tony served on the Law Alumni Board of the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law as President for the 2017-2018 term.
- He is a member of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, the Committee for County Progress, and served as an elected representative of District 3 to the YLS Council of the Missouri Bar.
- In 2013, Tony served as a Co-Chair for the Calvary Community Outreach Network’s Holiday Harvest fundraising drive.
- In 2014, Tony Co-Chaired the Carnival Fundraiser for CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates).
- In 2018, he fundraised for the Christo Rey High School through his participation in Dancing with the KC Stars. For a good laugh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdlzfK4n-I0.
- Tony is married to Bethany Miller, a local attorney, and they live in Jackson County with their daughters.